Home > Game Online Gacor Langsung WD -

Malik Beasley No Longer a Subject in Federal Gambling Investigation

Officials have confirmed that Beasley faces no charges or indictment, while his lawyers criticized the fallout, emphasizing that the mere allegation had inflicted significant personal and professional damagenba-sports-leagueImage Source: Shutterstock.com

NBA guard Malik Beasleyis not a target in a federal gambling probe anymore, his lawyers said on Friday. This news comes after months of doubt that held up his free agency chances and overshadowed his great season with the Detroit Pistons.

Malik Beasley No Longer a Subject in Federal Gambling Investigation

Lawyers Confirm Beasley Not Targeted, Cite Career Damage from Allegations

Lawyers Steve Haneyand Mike Schachtersaid talks with prosecutors in the Eastern District of New Yorkled to Beasley’s name being ngaken off the list of people under investigation, reported Associated Press.

Malik Beasley No Longer a Subject in Federal Gambling Investigation

They pointed out that while the probe continues, officials have made it clear that Beasley does not face chargesor an indictment. Haneyslammed the aftermath of the inquiry, saying just the existence of a claim had caused major personal and career harm, even though no formal accusations were made.

Malik Beasley No Longer a Subject in Federal Gambling Investigation

The probe came to light in June, focusing on odd betting activity linked to games during Beasley’s time with the Milwaukee Bucksin the 2023–24 season. One sportsbook had noticed unusual betting patterns involving his performance stats, but nothing was proven.

The investigation had a direct effect on Beasley’s market worth. Detroitplanned to offer a three-year, $42 million contractto retain him, but the team halted talkswhen the probe became known. Other teams also backed off, leaving one of the league’s top outside shooters without a deal during his career peak.

Former Piston Malik Beasley Explores Free Agency Following Stellar Year

Beasley, 28, just finished a landmark season with the Pistons. He scored 16.3 points per game and sank 319 three-pointers, the most in one season for the franchise and second in the NBA that year. His play helped Detroit make the playoffs and earned him second place in Sixth Man of the Year voting.

Even with the legal situation cleared up, Beasley’s next move is still up in the air. A bunch of teams like the Bulls, Pacers, Pelicans, Kings, and Wizardshave enough money to make good offers. Word is, the Brooklyn Netshave over $20 million to spend. Detroit, though, can offer a smaller one-year deal because they are tight on cash after signing other guards earlier this summer.

Away from the basketball court, Beasley‘s been in the news for financial troubles, including not paying rent and business debts. His lawyer says these problems came from poor management, not from being broke, and they are working to fix things.

Now that the federal investigation is not looming over his career, Beasley plans to look into chancesto make a comeback in the NBA this season. This player has made a name for himself as one of the league’s best shooters from long range. This news could kick off his efforts to save his career and fix his image in the public eye.

Share: